Nolan Ramsey | Director
678-872-0040 firstname.lastname@example.org Office Location: Atlanta, GA
Nolan Ramsey is a Leader of Application Developers, Process Engineer, Project Manager, and Business Intelligence Professional with 15+ years of experience designing, developing, and delivering solutions to medium and large sized organizations across multiple industries. He is Six Sigma Black Belt certified and has led important projects to completion following the rigors of the DMAIC and DMADV processes, as well as in recent years managing projects according to the PMBOK and SCRUM methodologies. Nolan has most recently been consulting clients in the use of Mendix (Platform As A Service, or PaaS) to develop cloud applications that integrate with on and off-premise systems. He assists with sales and training of all RAD resources.
Project Experience Date
Purdue University | Architect and Developer Summer 2018
· Designed and developed an app to extend SAP to allow Project Managers the ability to forecast and dsitribute cost spreads across complex algorithms and multi-year spends and automate the feed into PPM
Corellia Technologies | Scrum Master Aug 2017 - Dec 2017
· Lead the creation of a robust application designed to assist with the due diligence required for business financing requests
Mortgage Connect | Architect Jan 2017 - Apr 2017
· Assisting Mendix Expert Services with a complex project involving the use case MVP to replace legacy software with Mendix through Rapid Application Delivery
Sudenga | Architect Oct 2016 - Dec 2016
· Customer had a controller that could be connected to via RESTful services to operate the mixers at mills. The requirement was to build a next-generation IoT app that could be centrally managed and deployed at the cloud to allow Mill Operators and Veterinarians to collaborate and mix/track food stock through production.
CRL+ | Architect, Scrum Master Aug 2015 - Sep 2016
· Assisting with the development of the Mendix-developed workflow management application to replace and enhance a legacy application to manage the process of receiving inbound work from Insurance agencies and processing that work to resolution.
· Integration points include Oracle EBS, Pilotfish, Fax Servers, etc.
Compliance Services, L.L.C. | Sr. Mendix Consultant, Scrum Master Aug 2015 - Dec 2015
· Project Managing the redesign and development of a legacy system used by US Government Agencies and Property Owners/Managers to ensure compliance of the units and buildings that fall under regulated programs such as BOND, HOME, etc.
Advanced Clinical | Sr. Mendix Consultant May 2015 - Present
· Oversee the work done by an Associate Mendix developer supporting the day-to-day and growth opportunities on Mendix-developed applications, such as a workflow management solution that deals with clinical trial management on behalf of the pharmaceutical companies and a grant payment system
MIT, Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Sr. Mendix Consultant Aug 2014 - Present
· Developing and Assisting MIT develop custom cloud applications for various groups throughout the institute using the Mendix application leading them using SCRUM methodology with AGILE principles.
Newport| Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant Mar 2014 – May 2014
· Developed their SAP Business Objects environment. This included the folder, group, connection, user, application, access levels, and security design.
· Designed and implemented a security model for SAP Information Steward and SAP Data Services to replace the broken model that had been implemented by another consulting firm.
Korn Ferry| Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant Jan 2014 – Mar 2014
· Assisted with the development of ETL by utilizing SAP Data Services to create a customized data warehouse.
County of Gwinnett, GA | Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant Dec 2013
· Designed and implemented a new security model for their SAP Business Objects environment and taught them how to control change within the applications using appropriate governance.
Koch Business Solutions| Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant Nov 2013 – Dec 2013
· Part of the EPI-USE team asked to evaluate their current technology solutions and recommend a strategy going forward. My responsibility was the Enterprise Information Systems (EIM) design.
· Included Master Data Management (MDM), Lifecycle Management (LCM), Data Governance, Architecture, and Data Quality the Enterprise Information Systems (EIM) design.
Rowan Companies| Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant Oct 2013
· Analyzed their newly implemented LMS solution and existing BOBJ reporting environment to provide architectural options for staging pertinent information for reporting and analysis.
Methodist LeBonheure Healthcare| Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant Jul 2013 - Present
· Designed and developed the SAP Business Objects solution on top of their SAP BW warehouse. This included their security model design, gathering requirements for some initial reports, designing and delivering custom training on the use of Web Intelligence, and leading the user testing of the solution.
· Led the project to leverage the new BOBJ solution to deliver reporting by integrating with a newly purchased software solution. This involved coordinating and planning the efforts, designing and building the solution, and overseeing it through completion and delivery in production.
Diversified Service Options – Healthcare/ Government | Finance BI Architect Dec. 2008 - June 2013
· Developed financial models to calculate productivity, marrying the data from operational work units to hour and cost budgets and actuals.
· Consulted various department leaders on current trends of best practice as well as the use of various statistical tools such as control charts, exponential smoothing or weighted average prediction, total and free slack calculations and PERT estimation techniques to name a few.
· Managed the product installation, configuration, and on-going upgrade schedules for Cognos BI, Cognos Enterprise Planner, and Deltek Budgeting and Planning.
· Developed and Deployed a Budgeting/Planning model to capture and compare the finance budget/forecasts to the actuals from Deltek Costpoint and Deltek Time & Expense.
· Designed the Security plan for all three COTS applications and integrated into the existing security team's use of AD, incorporating SSO when possible.
· Trained all users of the three systems, including the report authors in the use of Query and Report Studio, to create and consume the information in each application.
· Designed and managed the project to help the finance department become ISO certified. Instructed the employees in the department on how to develop swim-lane process charts, conduct JAD sessions to bring out the activities involved in every process in the department, and help them document it according to the ISO guidelines while seeking areas for improvement in the process.
Convergys| Sr. Manager, BI Apr 2004 – Dec 2008
· Built and led the BI development team to design and deploy reporting and analytic solutions for over 20 clients using both Business Objects and Cognos platforms.
Education & Certification
· BBA in Management, Stetson University, 2002
· MS in Management Information Systems, Florida State University, 2014
· Published in the TDWI Business Intelligence Journal, Q12015
· Six Sigma Black Belt
· Mendix Expert Certified; Mendix MVP
· Recreational Soccer Coach